"From the Desert to the Sea, to All of Southern California." - Jerry Dunphy

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Two Lane Blacktop



Here is a link to an interesting article about the cult car classic movie from 1971, Two Lane Blacktop, starring James Taylor, Dennis Wilson and Warren Oates. Two Lane Blacktop and Vanishing Point make 1971 one of the better years for road pictures. The article is an interview with the director and has behind the scene photographs as well.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/hppp_0806_behind_the_camera_two_lane_blacktop/index.html

I saw both movies on the big screen. I recall seeing Vanishing Point with my Dad and we both liked the film, and I fell in love with the Dodge Challenger. I think I saw Two Lane Blacktop with a friend. Both movies are low budget classics worth hunting down.

No comments: