"From the Desert to the Sea, to All of Southern California." - Jerry Dunphy

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fried Egg Noodles

I'm not branching out into a cooking blog but the other day I made something I haven't had in quite a while, and it is very easy, fried egg noodles. You start with leftover noodles like the ones in the picture above. Melt some butter or in my case margarine is an appropriate size skillet. Then pour the noodles into the skillet, mixing enough to get all the noodles coated with butter or margarine. I add salt and a good amount of pepper to mine.

Heat the noodles over a medium high heat until they begin to get slightly crunchy. Mix them again one more time and then spread them out so they cover the bottom of the pan and continue to fry over a medium high heat with stirring them anymore. You want the one side to get brown and crunchy. You can vary this according to how you like them.

The amount of butter/margarine varies because the amount of noodles is never the same. I never measure them but I would guess you can start with about 2 tablespoons. You can add more if needed but too much butter/margarine is not good. When the noodles are done they usually stick together and almost lift out of the pan like a big pancake, if you cook them to the way I like them. You may want them a bit softer.

I slide them onto my plate and add a bit more salt since my doctor tells me not to use so much salt. I like the flavor of the noodles frying in the  butter/margarine. You could add a bit of oil with them if you like. I never have for noodles so I can't say how they would come out.

No comments: