"From the Desert to the Sea, to All of Southern California." - Jerry Dunphy

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Dearden's Van Nuys Closing

Saw this on Facebook today:


Dearden's which used to be Adray's and before that Butler Brothers Department store where I had my first job as did a couple of friends. Wish I could get back there before they close. I hope the building stays.  Radio Rat, Phone Rat and myself were last there 11 years ago on what we called our 'Wonder Years Tour". 

Here is a link to the article

I have an iTunes playlist for my times at Butler Brothers and it is playing now as I write. Songs as a reminder of a time, a place and friends and girlfriends. I was actually just thinking about a post about music and memories and this comes along.

Here is a musical reminder for me

No comments: